Become a Rhode Island PBS Volunteer TODAY!
Rhode Island PBS volunteers are as diverse as our programming. They include people of all ages and backgrounds. Some can spare a lot of time; others only a little. But one thing they all have in common is their eagerness to serve the Rhode Island PBS community.
If you are interested in becoming a Rhode Island PBS Volunteer, please complete our Volunteer Registration Form.
Please note that we rely on the dependability and flexibility of our volunteers to participate in a variety of activities. Once you sign-up, you will receive monthly email notifications providing details of upcoming volunteer opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
To learn more, contact Liz Burch at (401) 222-3636 x204.
Volunteers assist staff and act as greeters and hosts to represent Rhode Island PBS at social, fundraising, and educational events held throughout the year. Join us for events like:
- Our annual fundraiser, An Evening Uncorked!
- Halloween Spooktacular for the Rhode Island PBS Kids Club
- Costume character visits at the station or in the community
- Studio receptions and/or live show tapings
- Pre-performance hospitality and information table assistance at area events
Volunteers assist with stuffing and mailing letters, data entry, and various office work requested by Rhode Island PBS staff.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
In addition to being a fun and enriching experience, volunteering at Rhode Island PBS offers a variety of benefits such as:
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the studio.
- Invitations to live tapings, special screenings, and volunteer appreciation events.
- Entered to win exclusive giveaways such as tickets to local area events and/or PBS merchandise.
- Opportunities to interact with Rhode Island PBS staff.
- Greater knowledge about the station and its programs and functions.
- Letter of reference or confirmation of service hours.
PLUS! Receive a complimentary Membership Plus after 12+ hours of volunteer service within a 12-month period. $75 value!
QUESTIONS? Please contact Liz Burch at (401) 222-3636 x204.