Modern Farming in Rhode Island: A Community Conversation Airs Friday
On Friday, December 21 at 8 p.m., NBC10 news anchor Mario Hilario moderates Modern Farming in Rhode Island: A Community Conversation and explores the issues and opportunities faced by today’s local farmers.
Presented by Rhode Island Monthly magazine and the Rhode Island Foundation, Modern Farming in Rhode Island: A Community Conversation is produced by Rhode Island PBS. The discussion was inspired by a story that appeared in Rhode Island Monthly's November issue. Taped at Rhode Island PBS studios on November 29, read the original blog post.
- Jamie Coelho, associate editor, Rhode Island Monthly, and article author
- Ken Ayars, chief of the Division of Agriculture, RI DEM
- Mike Hallock, CEO, RI Mushroom Company
- Katie Steere, owner of Deep Roots Farm
- Sarah Turkus, organizer of the Young Farmer Network of Southeastern New England and manager at Osamequin Farm
The program will also be available on the station’s YouTube channel after the premiere.
WSBE Rhode Island PBS transmits standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) content over the air on digital 36.1; on Rhode Island cable services: Cox 08 / 1008HD, Verizon FiOS 08 / 508HD, Full Channel 08; on Massachusetts cable services: Comcast 819HD, Verizon 18 / 518HD; on satellite: DirecTV 36 / 3128HD, Dish Network 36.