Endeavour Season 6 on Masterpiece

Posted by Lucie Raposo on

Shaun Evans (The Take, The Last Weekend, Silk), charms audiences with his portrayal of the cerebral and solitary Detective Constable Morse in Endeavour, written by Inspector Lewis creator and Inspector Morse writer Russell Lewis.

Read More

Space Chase, USA

Last Updated by Lucie Raposo on

It was a sleepy little beach town. And then the neighbors moved in.

Read More

Pacific with Sam Neill Traces Captain Cook's Travels

Posted by Lucie Raposo on

In PACIFIC WITH SAM NEILL, Neill explores the three world-changing voyages that Captain Cook undertook to link the Pacific with Europe.

Read More

'Rhode Island Classroom' Presents Four Stories of Success through Novel Programs

Last Updated by Lucie Raposo on

In this edition, 'Rhode Island Classroom' visits the Challenge Success program at LaSalle Academy, the Compass School in Kingston, the Riverzedge Arts program in Woonsocket, and the aviation program at the Warwick Area Career and Technical Center.

Read More

Les Misérables on Masterpiece

Last Updated by Laura Zakrewski on

PBS Masterpiece has taken Victor Hugo's classic novel, Les Misérables, and reimagined it into a sweeping six-part adaptation viewers won’t soon forget.

Read More

Mammogram Works for 60% of Women; HAPPYGRAM Examines the Other 40%

Last Updated by Lucie Raposo on

Each year, an estimated 50,000 women with dense breast tissue receive a “happygram,” a ‘normal’ result for a mammogram that actually missed an invasive breast cancer. This documentary speaks to the women for whom mammogram did not work.

Read More

Opioids in Our Community: A Family Meeting on May 13

Last Updated by Juliet Hulme on

Presented by Rhode Island PBS, Health Equity Zone West Warwick, Thundermist Health Center, and made possible by generous support from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island, join us on May 13 at the West Warwick Senior & Community Center for a special "THE FIX: Examining Rhode Island's Opioid Epidemic"

Read More

Woven in Time: The Narragansett Salt Pond Preserve

Last Updated by Lucie Raposo on

Woven in Time: The Narragansett Salt Pond Preserve chronicles an almost 30-year battle between the right of property ownership and the social and cultural importance of preserving one of the most important archaeological sites on the East Coast of the United States, the site where the Narragansett people place their origins story.

Read More

Powerful Three-Part Drama "Mrs. Wilson" Begins April 12 on Masterpiece

Last Updated by Laura Zakrewski on

The new series follows Alison Wilson, who is grieving the recent death of her beloved husband, when suddenly a woman claiming to be the 'real' Mrs. Wilson shows up on her doorstep.

Read More

Take a Scenic Tour Through 'Rhode Island State Parks'

Last Updated by Lucie Raposo on

From the purchase 100 years ago of the first tract of land that later became Lincoln Woods State Park, to the many beaches, parks, and management areas we enjoy today, 'Rhode Island State Parks' traces the history of our open spaces, and captures their beauty in all seasons.

Read More

Boys of Incarcerated Parents: The Stories of Tre Maison Dasan on Independent Lens

Last Updated by Juliet Hulme on

An estimated 1 in 14 children has a parent incarcerated right now in America. Tre Maison Dasan on Independent Lens takes an intimate and authentic look into the lives, words, and emotions of three young boys and how they handle seeing their parent in prison.

Read More

Eight Teams. Seven Matches. One Champion. Who Will It Be? Season Two Begins April 4

Last Updated by Lucie Raposo on

The second season of High School Quiz Show: Rhode Island highlights the best and brightest young scholars in Rhode Island. This rigorous competition offers local high school students a unique opportunity to display their academic prowess on television, and it all starts on Thursday, April 4.

Read More

Delve into Local History with 'The Wickford Walk'

Posted by Laura Zakrewski on

In North Kingstown, Rhode Island, a hidden historical gem enters the public eye in 'The Wickford Walk,' a documentary rooted in Wickford Village’s rich history.

Read More

'Rhode Island Classroom' Explores Marine Trades, Peace Corp, and Walking School Bus

Last Updated by Lucie Raposo on

Since 2013, 'Rhode Island Classroom' has explored the latest technology, lessons, and people who are making the grade in Rhode Island's Kindergarten through grade 12 classrooms. This episode presents four new stories about marine trades, Peace Corp training, and the innovative Walking School Bus program.

Read More

Residents and Friends of Middletown are Invited to Create Our Town: Middletown

Last Updated by Juliet Hulme on

The tenth project in the series, Our Town: Middletown invites residents and friends of Middletown, Rhode Island, to a planning meeting on Monday, March 18. Film now for the premiere in September!

Read More