What is Underwriting on Rhode Island PBS?
Underwriting is financial support from a corporation, business or foundation for a program or series on public television. The funds help defray the costs associated with producing or acquiring a program. Underwriters receive acknowledgment of their support in a produced spot that airs adjacent to the sponsored program. Viewers recognize this support for Rhode Island PBS because each program will begin and end with the financial support acknowledgment.
It's About Image
Underwriting builds recognition and rapport with your target audience through the continuity and high-profile visibility that only Rhode Island PBS can deliver. Our place in the community is a unique one, as both a nonprofit organization and a television station. For you, that represents marketing opportunities that commercial broadcasters and cable networks cannot offer. When you sponsor programming or events that engage the community, you increase your visibility and enhance your reputation as a good corporate citizen.
It's About Influence
Our audience is your audience. Decision-makers, business owners, professionals, families and Americans of diverse backgrounds are our audience. They are deliberate, selective viewers with significant buying power who seek dependable, worthwhile programming for themselves and their families. Consider these facts*:
- 85% of Americans say they have a more positive image of a company that supports a cause they care about.
- 79% would likely switch to another brand or company if it is associated with a good cause, all other things being equal.
- 74% of PBS viewers believe that sponsors of PBS are committed to quality and excellence.
- 66% of PBS viewers are more likely to purchase the product or service from an underwriter of PBS.
- 59% of PBS viewers agree that underwriters of PBS are usually leaders in their industries.
(*SOURCES: 2008 CONE CAUSE EVOLUTION STUDY; 2010 GFK ROPER PUBLIC AFFAIRS & MEDIA SURVEY; PBS IMAGE STUDY)
It's About Impact
For your message to make a lasting impression, it has to cut through the clutter. Rhode Island PBS maintains a standard of no more than three local, non-competing sponsors per program. As a result, your message stands out in our uncluttered non-commercial environment. Your company name also becomes associated with the trusted quality, integrity, and vision that is the PBS brand.
It's About Connecting
Recognition for your support is not limited to underwriting programs in our regular on-air schedule. The station's social calendar includes signature annual events as well as novel one-time functions and activities throughout the year. These activities present distinctive sponsorship opportunities to enhance your company's visibility and community engagement.
Contact Us Today!
Seize the opportunity to connect with the loyal, attentive, powerful PBS audience. Your investment will pay you dividends in heightened public awareness and name recognition, better image, perception of quality, and loyalty.
To customize the right Rhode Island PBS underwriting packages and rates for you, call Gretta Jacobs at (401) 222-3636, extension 381, or send e-mail to email@example.com.
Cardi's Furniture & Mattresses Underwriting Testimonial
NIROPE - Nick, Ron, and Pete Cardi - of Cardi's Furniture & Mattresses recorded this testimonial in 2018 on behalf of WSBE Rhode Island PBS. We appreciate their commitment to local public television and quality national programming. Their support makes broadcast of your (and their) favorite shows possible. Thank you!
- AAA Northeast
- Adler’s Hardware and Design Center
- Advanced Production and Design
- Ann’s Fabrics
- Artists’ Exchange
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Rhode Island Chapter
- Audubon Society of Rhode Island
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- Boch Subaru
- Cardi’s Furniture & Mattresses
- Clean Oil Paintings
- Cornerstone Gencorp/The Hilb Group
- Cox Media
- CVS Health
- Dave’s Marketplace
- Edaville Railroad
- Sandra Feinstein Gamm Theatre
- Hilb Group/New England
- McVinney Auditorium
- Museum of Work and Culture
- Navigant Credit Union
- Newport Historical Society
- Park Theatre
- Pawtucket Red Sox
- Providence Performing Arts Center
- RI Local Magazine
- Rhode Island Foundation
- Rhode Island Monthly
- RISD Museum
- Rhode Island Student Loan Authority
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Sandra Feinstein Gamm Theatre
- Senior Digest
- South County Hospital Healthcare System
- State Ballet of Rhode Island
- Taco Comfort Solutions
- Veterans Memorial Auditorium
- Whelan, Corrent, Kinder & Siket LLP