High School Quiz Show: Rhode Island
For Rhode Island high school students looking to brandish their brain power among peers and professors for the glory of winning a championship title, welcome to the WSBE Rhode Island PBS production of High School Quiz Show: Rhode Island®.
WHAT IS HIGH SCHOOL QUIZ SHOW: RHODE ISLAND?
High School Quiz Show: Rhode Island is a team-based single-elimination competition among qualifying high schools in Rhode Island. High School Quiz Show: Rhode Island invites academic excellence and collegial competition in pursuit of scholastic achievement and recognition.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
All public, private, and parochial high schools in Rhode Island are eligible to participate.
- Each team must include four (4) participating students and up to two (2) alternates
- Each school must have at least one (1) adult coach
- Participating students must be currently enrolled in the school they represent
- Participating schools may register a maximum of one (1) team
- Family members of Rhode Island PBS employees may not participate on a High School Quiz Show: Rhode Island team
- Only schools that have officially registered and meet the eligibility requirements* will be invited by Rhode Island PBS to take the qualifying quiz (date to be announced) to determine the eight competing teams.
WHAT IS THE QUALIFYING QUIZ?
The Qualifying Quiz is a one-day event (date to be announced) to determine the eight teams that compete in televised matches of High School Quiz Show: Rhode Island.
HOW DOES A SCHOOL REGISTER FOR THE QUALIFYING QUIZ?
Schools must notify Rhode Island PBS by an email to email@example.com of their intention to form a team. The deadline for notifying Rhode Island PBS will be announced on this Web site.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A SCHOOL TEAM QUALIFIES?
Once notified of selection, the eight school teams will face off in seven single-elimination rounds, taped at Rhode Island PBS studios over two consecutive days in one weekend (dates to be announced).
WHEN WILL HIGH SCHOOL QUIZ SHOW: RHODE ISLAND BE ON TELEVISION?
High School Quiz Show: Rhode Island will air over seven weeks in 2018 (broadcast dates to be announced).
HOW CAN MY BUSINESS SUPPORT THIS ACADEMIC COMPETITION?
For information about sponsorship opportunities, contact Debra Hall, Director of Development, at 401-222-3636 x339 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Production Packages High School Quiz Show Sponsorship Benefits.pdf (515.7 KB)
Qualifying guidelines, eligibility requirements, dates for both the qualifying quiz event and competition weekend, testing standards and resources, and other relevant information for school administrators, academic coaches, and parents will be posted to this Web site over the next several weeks. Please check back often.