Downton Abbey: The Exhibition - Boston
If you loved the lush settings and lavish costumes of Downton Abbey, here is a rare opportunity to experience the series in a unique, immersive way. Join Rhode Island PBS on Wednesday, August 28 for a bus trip to Boston to visit Downton Abbey: The Exhibition.
The Downton Abbey: The Exhibition transports you to post-Edwardian England, where the characters and the iconic mansion come to life in displays and holographic videos. From World War I to the Roaring Twenties, learn more about British society, culture, customs, and fashion across Downton Abbey’s six seasons.
Your Exhibition Experience
From Mrs. Patmore’s hectic kitchen and servants’ dining area, to the family’s glamorous dining room and Lady Mary’s bedroom, you will walk through recreations of some of the show’s most recognizable settings.
The exhibit also features more than 50 of the show’s official costumes worn by favorite actors, including Michelle Dockery, Hugh Bonneville, and Dame Maggie Smith.
Most guests spend between 60 and 90 minutes exploring the exhibit on this self-guided tour. You are welcome to stay as long you like during hours of operation, from 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Your Boston Experience
The Exhibition is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Boston, just a few short blocks from Boston Common. After your visit in the Exhibition, you may elect to shop, have lunch, sightsee, or visit a museum.
- We leave WSBE Rhode Island PBS studios (50 Park Lane, Providence, RI 02907) at 9:00 a.m. by climate-comfortable motor coach.
- You must arrive at the studio by 8:30 a.m. for check-in.
- We will arrive at the exhibit location by 10:30 a.m.
- Upon your arrival in Boston, you may choose to tour the exhibit immediately or explore the city.
- Your ticket is a Daily VIP ticket, which is valid for admission to the exhibit on August 28 anytime between 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Your Daily VIP ticket includes a complimentary multi-media device that provides behind-the-scenes video and information not otherwise available with general admission.
- The motor coach departs for Rhode Island at 7:00 p.m. sharp.
- You must be at the pick-up location by 6:30 p.m. for check-in.
- We will arrive back at WSBE Rhode Island PBS studios by 9 p.m.
Please note: The itinerary is subject to change. This tour involves activities such as walking for a period of time, climbing steps, navigating uneven terrain and getting on and off transportation. The Downton Abbey: The Exhibition is fully accessible for the mobility impaired. It is the responsibility of the traveler to review the itinerary and determine if it is suitable for his/her physical condition.