ANTIQUES ROADSHOW is coming to Newport, Rhode Island, for their first ever outdoor appraisal event and show taping on Tuesday, September 19. This all-day appraisal festival will be on the grounds of historic Rosecliff mansion on Bellevue Avenue.
To successfully run the appraisal event, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW relies on local public television stations to help recruit 125 volunteers from the local community. Rhode Island PBS is pleased to participate in this opportunity, and to invite and welcome you to the ANTIQUES ROADSHOW NEWPORT experience. Volunteering for ANTIQUES ROADSHOW is a great way to meet new people, have fun, and participate in your local public television station. Individuals who volunteer can even have two items appraised!
Interested? Here’s some more information to know about volunteering for ANTIQUES ROADSHOW:
The minimum age to volunteer is 18.
- Volunteers are assigned various tasks, including crowd control, welcoming guests, production assistance, and more.
- All ANTIQUES ROADSHOW volunteer positions require standing or walking throughout the 12+ hour event. Please ensure that you are able and willing to participate in this physically demanding day.
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and ANTIQUES ROADSHOW polo shirts will be provided to all volunteers. Volunteers are required to wear the ANTIQUES ROADSHOW polo shirt throughout the event.
- Mandatory Training Session: Monday, September 18, from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Appraisal Event: Tuesday, September 19, from 6 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- All volunteers must attend a training session the day before the event, and should plan on arriving at the Rosecliff grounds at 6 a.m. on Tuesday, September 19.
- At check-in, volunteers must show a government issued ID.
- Please note: attendance at Monday’s volunteer training is mandatory and volunteers must commit to assisting for the entire day on Tuesday from 6 a.m. to approximately 7:30 p.m
If you’re interested in volunteering for ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, please register HERE.
If you would like to attend ANTIQUES ROADSHOW but are unable to volunteer, we have a limited number of general admission tickets available for your $250 donation to the station.