© © iShootPhotosLLC/iStock
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW’s first outdoor event will be held throughout the house and extensive grounds of the historic Newport mansion, Rosecliff.
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
548 Bellevue Avenue
Newport, RI 02840
The 2017 ticket application deadline has passed. Rhode Island PBS has a limited number of tickets to give away. For your donation to Rhode Island PBS of $250, you receive two tickets to ANTIQUES ROADSHOW Newport, plus a 12-month membership complete with PerksConnect online benefit
program. CLICK HERE to make your donation now. Tickets will not be available at the door on the day of the event. Each ticket holder may bring two hand-carry objects for appraisal. *See below for the Complete Ticket Rules page for more information.
Park & Ride
You must have an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW Newport event ticket to park. Parking is free and located off-site at Chateau-sur-Mer, 474 Bellevue Avenue, Newport. You must park here to attend the event*. A shuttle service will take you to and from the event at Rosecliff. Due to the shuttle size (door opening 30") we advise bringing items that you can carry and transport within the shuttle space.
Any ticket holder arriving at Rosecliff will be redirected to park at Chateau-sur-Mer. We cannot accommodate item or guest drop-off at Rosecliff.
*Handicapped parking is available at Rosecliff but for handicapped parking, you must still check-in at the main parking lot at Chateau-sur-Mer prior to driving to Rosecliff.
What You Need to Know
- You must have a ticket to enter the event (and to park).
- Each ticket holder may bring two items (and must bring at least one item). Please keep in mind you will need to carry your items during your visit, as dollies and carts are not permitted at this event.
- We do not prescreen ticket holders' items and cannot suggest which items ticket holders should choose to bring.
- Please do not arrive at the Chateau-sur-Mer parking lot more than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket.
- Please remember to either print your ticket at home or have it available on your mobile device.
- Appraisal Items & Appraisers
- You must be able to carry your item throughout the event.
- Please be prepared for steps, and grass and gravel surfaces.
- Dollies and carts are not permitted at this event.
- We cannot provide assistance with carrying your items.
- Appraisers will be located inside the historic house and in tents outside.
- If you contact a ROADSHOW appraiser in advance regarding the item(s) you plan to bring to the event, the item(s) will not be considered for taping.
- Vehicles, stamps, stock certificates, paper currency, coins, bicycles, tools, fossils, glass fire extinguishers, explosives or hazardous materials cannot be appraised.
- If you plan to bring an antique or vintage firearm for appraisal, please read important information in our FAQ.
- You're welcome to bring a painting, but please keep in mind your wait might be shorter if you bring a different item for appraisal.
- This is a rain-or-shine event. There will be no rainchecks; the venue has indoor and tented outdoor appraisal areas.
- Plan appropriately for all types of weather — remember to bring your sunscreen and hat for sun, and raincoat and umbrella for rain.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and sturdy footwear.
- Accessible restrooms are available both outdoors and inside the mansion.
- The mansion has partial wheelchair accessibility and operates a small wheel chair lift inside the main entrance.
- If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight portable chair.
- Be prepared for steps, and grass and gravel surfaces.
- Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at the event.
- The fun continues at the exit, where you can stop and visit our valued sponsors and collect information about our appraisers.
- Please say hello! Rhode Island PBS will be located near the refreshment tent.
* Complete Ticket Rules